Monday, October 27, 2008

Mildly overdue post...

By: Dave Parrott

I felt most definitively that a post is owed to all our dear readers, and so one shall be given:

In order is an update on the state of the Brazil team visas. It is not any manner of 'high panic' situation. They have no visas. They will figure something else out. God's will shall be done, and we have no real worries. Prayer on the matter would still be good, if just for guidance for the TREK leadership to know what we are to do about this hiccup.
As well, the money for Team Deutschland is doing quite well. Only two team members are short on funding, but only by about $1300 each. This is good, considering that our team, as a whole, needed around $12,000, we've come quite a way, even in a short five days. God's goodness abounds toward His children. We are greatly praising Him for His provision, and dearly grateful to all our supporters, without whom we would have a hard time getting to Germany, let alone affording to eat while we are there.

Lastly, it is five days until we step onto the airplane and say goodbye to North America for a time. I know for myself, this concept has not yet dawned on me in any proper depth. I am excited, but probably not as much as I ought be. I shall surely understand the concept in full when I look out at Berlin for the first time.
I know the rest of the team is extremely excited, and (to some extent) worried. For any stress felt by any of the group, prayer for that would be both wonderful and helpful. Not that it's any dire need; stress never killed anyone...actually, I'm quite sure that it has at some point, but that in no way invalidates my argument. (You can laugh, I was trying to be funny...sorry about the poor quality of humour)

No comments: