Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Weakness is Strength (Sorry George)

By: Josiah

One really cool thing that I was reminded of this week was in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, where Paul says,
"But [God] said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore i will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
It's been difficult to be in a place like Berlin where I can see all sorts of people that are hurting, and yet not be able to do anything about it. For one, I can't speak that language that well, therefore I can't really talk to people at all. Secondly, the culture here is very introverted (I'm not sure if that's the right word); they keep to themselves a lot. As much as I want to go out and do things on my own, I can't. This means that I need to rely on God all the more and trust that He has a plan for why I'm here. It's freeing and frustrating at the same time.

Andre, the missionary we're working with here, talked to us about this passage, as well as Romans 5:1-11. One of the other things he said in regards to this is that when we reach our limits, then God can work, because we have no other choice but to rely on Him.

It's also been great to be reminded of this in situations within the TREK program. For instance, Team Brazil was denied their visas for a month, but through that delay they have been blessed probably more than if they had gone straight to Brazil (correct me if I'm wrong Team Brazil, but I've seen God work through your time in Vancouver.)

It's always exciting to trust God, because usually he doesn't reveal his entire plan at once. Talk about exciting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Zur Weihnachten Gottes reichsten Segen an euch alle. Wir beten fuer viel Freude und Erfuellung in euren Missionsdienst.